Learning Commons Classroom (R227)
The Learning Commons Classroom (R227) contains: R227 R227
- 1 instructor computer workstation
- 20 student computer workstations
- PC Print station
- LCD projector
- document camera
Use of the Classroom for Library Instruction
Priority is given to scheduling the classroom for instruction by librarians.
To schedule a course-related library instruction session, complete the online request form at least one week prior to the desired date of instruction.
The librarians are available to discuss options for instruction and assist in choosing the most appropriate sources relevant to the needs of your course.
Faculty Use of the Learning Commons Classroom
- Faculty members may reserve the Learning Commons classroom.
- The Learning Commons classroom can be reserved no more than three sessions per semester for any individual class. Librarian-led classes do not count toward these limits.
- The Learning Commons classroom cannot be reserved as the regular meeting place for a class.
Reserving the Learning Commons Classroom
We require reservations be made no more than 48 hours in advance and no less than 2 hours in advance.
To make a reservation, contact the library (firstname.lastname@example.org or 217/373-3839).
Student Use of the Learning Commons Classroom
When not in use for library instruction or otherwise reserved, the Learning Commons classroom may be open for general use by students.
Because of instructional demands, students may be asked to leave the classroom on short notice.
Covered beverages are allowed. Food is not allowed.