Skip to Main Content

College Archives: Transferring Records to the Archives

This guide provides information about the Parkland College Archives, including rules and regulations for use, location and hours, and information about the collections.

Transfer Guidelines

Transfer records from your department or office to the College Archives.

Records with lasting historical value within the college should be forwarded, physically and/or electronically, to the College Archives for review and possible inclusion in the archival collection.

Some examples of records that should be transferred to the Archives are:

  • Annual reports
  • Publications
  • Minutes
  • Event records
  • Photos and Videos

The individual in charge of managing inactive records in an office or department should contact the Records Coordinator if there are records of historical or lasting value that are out of their retention period.

The College Archivist can also assist designated personnel with identifying materials of archival value and facilitate the smooth and secure transmittal of materials to the Archives.

Please fill out the Archives Transfer Form before sending materials to the College Archives.

Transfer Release Form

Parkland College Library
2400 West Bradley Avenue
Champaign, IL 61821

Fax: 217/351-2581