You'll need to obtain a Parkland ID to borrow materials in person. Go to the Student Life Office, U111 to get your ID.
If you reside a long distance from Parkland, you can obtain physical materials (books, DVDs) in one of the following ways:
1. If you live near an I-Share Member Library, you may request books through the catalog to pick up at that library. You must have a Parkland ID to pick up the book.
2. You can pay shipping costs to have Parkland owned books sent to your home. You will be responsible for the costs of shipping items from the Library and back. Here's how it works:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with a list of titles, please explain you are off-campus and wish to pay for shipping
- Library will respond with the cost of shipping and insurance
- You'll send a check
- Library will send the item(s)
- You are responsible for shipping the item(s) back to the Library
Overdue fines and lost book billing will be charged to the student for materials that are not returned to the Library by the due date. The postmark will be used to determine overdue status. You will be billed for failure to return items in good condition.
Online students who are taking at least one on-campus course are considered on-campus students and are not eligible for this service. Students taking an on-campus class must come to the Library to borrow materials.